Rule1-204. Executive committees.
To establish executive committees of theCouncil.
To identify the responsibility and authority ofthe executive committees.
To identify the membership and composition ofthe executive committees.
To establish procedures for executive committeemeetings.
This rule shall apply to the judiciary.
Statement of the Rule:
(1) Executive Committees. The following executive committees of the Council are herebyestablished:
????????? (1)(a) the Management Committee;
????????? (1)(b) the Policy and Planning Committee;
????????? (1)(c) the Liaison Committee; and
????????? (1)(d) the Budget and Fiscal Management Committee.
(2) Management Committee. The Management Committee shall be comprised of at least fourCouncil members, one of whom shall be the Presiding Officer of the Council.Three Committee members constitute a quorum. The Presiding Officer of theCouncil or Presiding Officer's designee shall serve as the Chair. When at leastthree members concur, the Management Committee is authorized to act on behalfof the entire Council when the Council is not in session and to act on anymatter specifically delegated to the Management Committee by the Council. TheManagement Committee is responsible for managing the agenda of the Councilconsistently with Rule 2-102 of this Code. The Management Committee isresponsible for deciding procurement protest appeals.
(3) ? Policy and Planning Committee. ThePolicy and Planning Committee shall recommend to the Council newand amended rules for the Code of Judicial Administration. Thecommittee shall recommend to the Council new and amended policies, or repeals, for theHuman Resource Policies and Procedures Manual, pursuant to Rule 3-402. Thecommittee shall recommend to the Council periodic and long term planningefforts as necessary for the efficient administration of justice. The committeeshall research and make recommendations regarding any matter referred by theCouncil.
(4) ? Liaison Committee. The Liaison Committeeshall recommend to the Council legislation to be sponsored by the Council. Thecommittee shall review legislation affecting the authority, jurisdiction,organization or administration of the judiciary. When the exigencies of the legislativeprocess preclude full discussion of the issues by the Council, the Committeemay endorse or oppose the legislation, take no position or offer amendments onbehalf of the Council.
(5) ? Budget and Fiscal Management Committee. The Budget and Fiscal Management Committee shall review courtbudget proposals, recommend fiscal priorities and the allocation of funds, andmake recommendations to the Council regarding budget management and budgetdevelopment in accordance with Rule 3-406.
(6) ?Members. Membersof the executive committees must be members of the Council. Each executivecommittee shall consist of at least three members appointed by the Council toserve at its pleasure. The members of the Policy and Planning Committee, theBudget and Fiscal Management Committee, and the Liaison Committee shall electtheir respective chairs on a schedule deemed appropriate by each Committee. Chairsmust be members of the Council.
(7) ? Meetings and Judicial Council Reports. Each committee shall meet as often as necessary to perform itsresponsibilities, but a minimum of four times per year. Each committee shallreport to the Council as necessary.
(8) Staff. The Administrative Office shall provide staff support to theexecutive committees.
Effective November 1, 2021